Planning & Zoning
Planning and Zoning staff administer the City Code, Zoning and Subdivision Ordinances and the Comprehensive Plan. They serve as the technical advisor on planning and zoning issues, which are brought before the Planning and Zoning Commission and the City Council. The primary responsibility of this Advisory Committee is to oversee the growth and development for the City.
Concept meetings are encouraged on all new projects, giving applicants the chance to meet with the City Planner and appropriate Department Heads to guide the applicant on the proper procedures and necessary requirements to comply with existing City Ordinances.
The Planning and Zoning Commission meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month at 6:00 pm in Council Chambers.
Planning & Zoning AgendasBack to Top
Planning & Zoning MinutesBack to Top
ResourcesBack to Top
Comprehensive PlanBack to Top
The purpose of the Mountain Home Comprehensive Plan is to develop a set of guidelines that the City will use to promote the health, safety, and general welfare of its residents who live in the City of Mountain Home and in its Area of Impact (AOI). To achieve this purpose, the City of Mountain Home will strive:
- To protect the property rights and enhance property values.
- To ensure that adequate public facilities and services are provided to the people at a reasonable cost.
- To ensure that the economy of the City of Mountain Home and its AOI is protected and enhanced.
- To ensure that the development of land addresses the physical conditions of the land. e. To protect life and property in areas of critical concern or that are potentially subject to natural hazards.
- To ensure that new development pays its own way.
The City of Mountain Home is currently underway on the 2019 Comprehensive Planning. A survey is set to be released on February 25 and will be opened through the month of March for community input. For more information on the 2019 Comprehensive Plan and survey CLICK HERE.